Monday, October 31, 2005

How I loved thee Socktober

Like most Socktoberfest Participants I wanted to finish Socktober with a grand flourish. Alright, maybe not grand, and maybe not a flourish. I really just wanted to finish a sock IN Socktober.

This is what I came up with

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As you can see I came so close. I was knitting and knitting and knitting last night, I just really wanted to get it done. I knit until I was so tired I was dropping stitches, and for the safety of me and the sock I had to put the sock down. Who needs a sock with toes anyways?

I have more to blog about, more witty things to say, but there are screams coming from the downstairs. Not supernatural Halloween screams, but "he's got my new Dora doll and he's licking it" kind of screams. Screams that require intervention and possibly a tranquilizer gun. More later.

4 comments:

rincaro said...

We just need to graft our socks together. Mine has a toe but no cuff. I didn't even finish a single sock either.

knittinmom said...

Valiant effort, anyway (and I love the colors of that yarn). What is it with kids and licking things? My daughter is always licking stuff that I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole. Don't even get me started on what the baby licks (as in, everything within tongue reach)...

chris said...

So close, so close!! Much closer than I came. I still love your sock that almost was. I know you've got other things to deal with (ie: licking issues), but I've tagged you for a 20 Things About Me meme, if you're game. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't TELL you how much better you've just made me feel! I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one who didn't finish a pair of socks for Socktoberfest! Thank you, thank you, thank you ;-)