Friday, August 23, 2013

Ready for Some Friday Lovin'

Trying to appreciate the little things in life.  Here are a few things that made me happy this week.

My pedicure



First off I'm going to have to apologize for putting up a very ugly picture of my very ugly swollen pregnant toes.  But you'll forgive me, cause my story is too cute not to share.  Several months ago Bird saw a TV show where the Mom was pregnant and could not reach her toes to paint her toe nails.  Her solution was to force her other children to paint her toe nails for her.  From the moment Bird discovered that I was going to have another baby she has been counting down the moments until I could no longer reach my toes and she could paint my toe nails for me.  I'm not saying I can't reach my toes, because I'm flexible and stuff, and I totally can.  But who am I to crush a young girl's dreams.  You should have seen her grin from ear to ear when I told her I could use her help.  She made me promise not to look while she carefully painted and dabbed the enamel on my nails.  I expect I'll have crazy polka dots courtesy of Bird for the duration of my gestation.  I love it.

Meaty's first test of the school year



Look at him go!  He works much harder than his sisters do for his grades.  He tries and never gives up.  I am proud of his work ethic.  But he also rarely achieves As.  He is a solid B student.  So I am very proud of his A+.  I know how hard he worked for it.  Unfortunately his first math test is another story...

My new knitting project



I've cast on and abandoned no less than four knitting projects this week.  What can I say?  I'm feeling fickle and uninspired lately.  But this project, I'm in love.  I also fear it is doomed for frogging.  I'm not sure this is a good yarn/pattern combo.  I'm not convinced I will actually wear an orange sweater.  I don't think I own anything that is orange.  I'm not sure I'm going to end up with a size I can wear.  I know the lace is stretchy, but I fear it looks a smidge on the small side, and I'm talking small with my usual body, not my current smuggling a basketball silhouette.  I fear it is only a matter of time before another project turns my head and I abandon this one in a fit of castonitis.  But until I am overcome by my fears I knit on and enjoy the pretty pattern my yarn over and strategic decreases are creating.

What made you happy this week?

4 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

That's the best pedicure story ever!

My this week's story? My cousin is severely disabled. He has never walked - been in a wheelchair his whole life. Cerebral Palsy leaves him with little motor control of his hands and non-verbal. Oh, did I mention he's an orphan living in a group home?

Earlier this week he posted on FB how excited he was that Mumford & Sons were coming to town. Not that he was going ... he couldn't afford that and besides how would he manage?

Two days later he won tickets from the radio station and one of the group home workers volunteered to take him. He is OVER THE MOON. He posted on FB that he was on "Cloud Nine PLUS"! How awesome is that?!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Aww...the polka dot toes are so cute and so sweet of her....

Yes those kids that work hard for those grades are fantastic (teacher here)...

it's pretty so maybe you'll keep with it...

katiemetzroth said...

Honestly, the fact that you're expecting a bouncing baby girl has warmed my heart. (and I celebrated 13 years with The Husband. I'm a lucky one.)

Andria said...

Awwww, best story, that's just too cute. I say rock the orange, it is nice to do something different!