Tuesday, December 06, 2005

If they team up with Boyd I'm done for

I am the world's best mother. It's true. There are a lot of really talented, dedicated, patient, loving mothers out there who would give their own lives for their children. Yet here I am the world's best mother.

Yup. It's a pretty arrogant thing to say.

Where's my proof to back up such a bold statement you ask?

Here it comes.

In the past two weeks my younger two children have coated the kitchen in Crisco, painted their hair with nail polish, on a completely separate occasion painted the bathroom with nail polish, and they coated the cat from nose to tail-tip with lotion.

My only regret in these past two week?

It's not that I put the Crisco on a low shelf, or that I didn't install a child lock after the first nail polish incident, or even that the lotion made the cat puke everywhere.

I regret not documenting any of it with photographs. I rock! That's why I'm the world's best mother. I really wish I had taken pictures, especially of the crisco and the cat. They were so pleased with themselves. I should have taken pictures for future embarrassment. But they are such cute kids. Imaginative, innovative, tenacious, infuriating, only-alive-cause-they're-so-cute kids. And they're mine, and I'd give my life for them. Check out Bird apologizing to the cat.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The cat used to bite any child who came near her. But Meaty isn't afraid. He just grabs her somewhere around her middle and drags her where ever he wants. For the life of me I can't figure out why she doesn't bite him and put a stop to this? And how could they be so ornery? I mean look at these two. How could they cause such trouble?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

At least they leave my yarn alone. My cardigan is coming alone beautifully. I swear lately knitting feels like magic. You take this long string, just ordinary string (alright maybe not just ordinary string, the particular string in question does have a little cashmere in it's fiber content) and with two sticks it becomes something more. Sometimes something good, sometimes something that's just wrong but always something more than ordinary string. I've finished the main body of the sweater.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And half of the sleeves.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Must stop blogging. Must continue knitting. Can not resist the call of pretty cashmere.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The following comment is made in pure jest!

Maybe if you spent less time knitting and more time watching the kids they would get into less mischief.

I agree with you. Too bad you didn't document it, though, he looks relatively happy. You are a great mom to love your children unconditionally, like my mom does me. It took some time to REALLY appreciate it.

Chris said...

Even without pictures, I got great mental images of the events. Hee hee.

Knittypants said...

Your sweater is looking so good. That soft pink is so pretty. Your kids look way to cute to cause all that trouble. Lotion on the cat!! That's kinda funny. Poor kitty.

Amy said...

I'm rolling on the floor giggling like a three year old while nodding my head in agreement. I've been a touch cranky lately (and I wonder why) and I really needed that after the morning I had with my three little monkeys.
Look at you go on that sweater, girl...you've given me a run for my money! I haven't even chosen a yarn yet, although I do love that Cashsoft. Of course, I couldn't button it if I tried, so what's the point in rushing out to get the yarn? Besides, I'm just about done with the sprint that is that Vogue Cardi~thank you for knitting that and giving me sweater-envy. It really is a lovely pattern.