Sunday, December 11, 2005

It's the most wonderful time of the year

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is our tree. Yes it is leaning just a little. Bird didn't like the beach towel we had oh so strategically placed under the tree. The other night she just worked and worked until she set it free, so this year we have the leaning tree of festivity. We decorated it the day after Thanksgiving. If you look closely you will see that over the weeks we have moved the ornaments to higher branches, so the lower three feet of branches are virtually bare and kinda smooshed looking.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My Santa Cabinet. I was gifted with this cabinet and half of a Santa collection last year. I've never collected Santas, I'm more of a Snowman kinda gal, but I've since learned that Santa is not without his charms. I've added three new Santas just this year.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Our dining room. On our piano is this.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Greatest bought this for me when we were still newlyweds. I look forward to getting it out every year. When I was a child my Mother had a white mother of pearl manger scene with angels and camels and shepards. It was magnificent. Over the years it began to show the signs of living in a home with four children. The angels wings became chipped and every year we had to glue Joseph's head back on. This reminds me of that beautiful set. This year Bird climbed up and got a hold of it. She promptly dropped it and broke Joseph's hand off. I guess it's just not Christmas until we glue Joseph back together.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Our entertainment center. My snowmen are housed on it's shelves. Notice most of them are on the top shelves. My favorite snowman is this one...for obvious reasons.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That is most of our Christmas decorating. I've spared you the eight foot line of reindeer and the garland festooned banisters, they're kinda boring. But there are so many lights all over the house it takes us five minutes to plug them all in, and we have no need for other lighting at night. The Greatest just loves Christmas.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Lovely Christmas decorations!! I love seeing everyones homes all decorated, and all the differnt styles. That Nativity is beatiful.