Friday, May 05, 2006

The return to frivolity

I'm sick of myself. Sick of being in my own skin. Sick of feeling my feelings. Sick of hearing my own voice whining. Just sick of it.

So to distract you from all this I'm going to show you some knitting.

Why knitting you ask.

Well, this is a knitting blog.

Let me show you a pair of socks I made a few months ago. I was waiting to gift them to my Sister-in-law at Easter. Then the world exploded, so I haven't had time to show them off.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pattern: River Rapid Socks (couldn't make the pdf link, but google them, you'll find it)

Yarn: Knitpick Sock Garden in Hydrangea, 2 balls

Needles: 2 size 0 Addi Turbo circular needles

Modifications: I used my size 0 Addis because that's what I always use to make two socks at one time. I think I added two more pattern repeats to adjust for the smaller gauge, but honestly it was so long ago I can't remember. And since the socks now happily live with my Sister-in-law I can't go back and check.

Review: I really liked this pattern. It has a lot of subtle motion to it. I was a little concerned that the horizontal striped yarn would compete too much with the vertical shaping, but I think it turned out just fine.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It is a bit reminiscent of cables, but instead of crossing stitches it uses slanted decreases and yarnovers to achieve the affect.

Overall I really enjoyed this pattern. I was so pleased that these fit my Sister-in-law, but I could see a pair of these in my future.

BTW, my Sister-in-law is pregnant. Notice the careful pose to hide the baby belly. I see some tiny knitting in my future.

P.S. Keep Scrolling Down, there's more to see.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Great socks and congrats to your SIL!

shiguy4076 said...

I want some. I love them
shi