Sunday, November 06, 2005

Meme Madness

I've been tagged by Candsmom for 20 things about me, as well as by Jaclyn for 5 weird facts about me. So here is a list of 25 things you never wanted to know about me.

We'll start with 20 random thoughts
  1. I used to quilt, but I was always dropping straight pins and The Greatest was always stepping on them. I quit quilting and learned to knit after Pork Chop was born. I was terrified she would crawl on a pin. I figured I could keep track of two knitting needles.
  2. I overestimated my ability to keep track of things.
  3. I didn't become obsessed with knitting until after Meaty was born.
  4. I knit with the yarn in my right hand (American? English? I can never keep the proper name straight)
  5. I have tried with the yarn in my left hand and it's faster and sometimes I think about making the switch. I'm just too lazy to take the time to practice so my stitches would be really nice like they are when I knit with the yarn in my right hand.
  6. I like to have three projects ready to seam or have ends woven in before I'll do the finishing work.
  7. I just hate it so much I have to have a lot of it to do to make it seem worth my while.
  8. I don't mind knitting with acrylic *gasp**shock**horror*. I'm branching out into natural fibers, and starting to prefer them, but I still think acrylic has it's uses. Not to mention it's so budget friendly.
  9. I used to wear only black and dark nail polish. The Greatest still teases me when I buy something pastel, especially if its pink.
  10. Somedays I'm surprised by how little black is in my closet.
  11. I was a vocal music major in college. I used to sing everywhere all day long.
  12. Now I rarely sing and I don't know why.
  13. I make all the beds in the house almost every day. Sometimes I give myself Sundays off.
  14. When I was pregnant with Bird I used to wash the windows every day. Even Sundays.
  15. I was so glad to give birth because that meant I could stop washing the windows.
  16. I believe epidurals are the greatest invention of mankind.
  17. Sometimes I feel guilty for having the epidurals and not being strong enough to tough it out.
  18. Then I remember there's no cash prize for enduring all that pain and I feel alright with my decision.
  19. I still feel a little bit in awe of someone when I hear they didn't get the epidural.
  20. I hate feet. I think they're very ugly. Yet I always keep my toenails polished and pretty.

And Here are 5 wierd facts about me

  1. I met The Greatest at a gas station. I had just broken up with my college sweetheart, the guy all my friends thought, and my parents feared, I would marry. And by just I mean that very morning. I fell in love with The Greatest on sight and would have run away with him that night if he had only asked. Instead we waited a prudent four months before getting married.
  2. I used to be a drug addict. You name it I've probably tried it. I would take anything but my very favorite in the whole wide world was cocaine. I quit when The Greatest asked me to. That was eight years ago and I very rarely look back. Although sometimes I think motherhood would be easier if I were still doing drugs.
  3. I had a full scholarship to college. That surprised most of the people I knew in high school. As one bitch, I mean girl, I knew so eloquently put it "Like I didn't think you were like stupid Goddess, but I like didn't know you were like that smart."
  4. It doesn't matter how full I get, there is always room for ice cream. I could be Thanksgiving dinner-gonna-puke-if-I- eat-another-bite full and I could still eat ice cream.
  5. Before there was caller id I could almost always guess who was calling when the phone rang. I called it psychic ability, but it was more a subconscious awareness of calling patterns. My Mom usually called around 5 every three or four days, and my roommate's Mom usually called around seven, and my boyfriend usually called around 3 a.m. No psychic ability, just calling patterns. I always wanted to be psychic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your right I was really not interested in the 20 things about you. However, I found one of the five wierd things about you very interesting. I am an ex-addict as well. I don't think raising kids as an addict - scrap that - you're probably right. I have no kids, just fish, which are really easit to raise.

chris said...

Thanks for playing along! Loved the list- especially the one about window washing. Never underestimate that messed-up nesting urge. With me, it was vacuuming under the bed during both pregnancies. Daily. Needless to say, both my kids are terrified of the vacuum cleaner. Go figure.

knittinmom said...

I agree - motherhood WOULD be easier w/ drugs - LOL! And there's ALWAYS room for ice cream...my theory is that since it's cold, it actually shrinks your stomach contents down, making it so you feel better afterwards, even if you are puke-if-I-eat-another-bite-full.

Code to keep your blog from archiving:

Okay, I couldn't get it to accept anything that looks remotely like HTML, so just go to my blog and do the View --> Source thing. Copy the three lines at the top that start with META and put them right under your head tag and you should be all set. If that doesn't make sense, e-mail me and I'll e-mail you the code.