Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cowabunga!

My thermometer looked like this

HOT!HOT!HOT!



so the only place to be was in the pool. And big things happened in the pool today.

Bird's first cannon ball(ish)!

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket




She's a big girl now, a dare devil! Jumping in the deep end and swimming like a fish.

She's had the ability for over a year, but lacked the confidence. The deep end is, after all, deep(ish. deep to a seven year old anyways). It is deeper than she is tall, and I know I avoid water that is deeper than I am tall (yet I am a certified scuba diver, I am a walking contradiction). But this is not about me, this is about her. My seven year old who is so petite she needs a 4T swimsuit. But her imagination is larger than our house. When she swims she is a mermaid. She thinks her cannon balls splash the neighbor's houses they are so big. I love that kid.

While she cannon-balled I spent my time like this.

Photobucket



Life is good.

No comments: