Monday, March 04, 2013

A Post About Nothing

Busy, Busy Weekend.

Someday my life won't be so busy, busy.

I'll probably be on my deathbed by that point.

But at least I'll get some much needed rest before I die.

We did our spring planting.



Every year we buy plants.  It used to be flowering plants.  In the past few years, as the economy gets worse and worse, and we get poorer and poorer, it has been food type plants.  Tomatoes, berry bushes. herbs.

I don't know why we do this.

Every year our plants die.

The Greatest had the greenest of thumbs when we lived back east.  But here in the desert, he just can't get it to grow.

But hope springs eternal?

The Greatest is sure this is our year.  We've finally figured it out.  He is positive our plants died last year because we went on vacation for the first time in six years and our house sitter didn't water the plants that week.  We won't be making the same mistake this year.  No siree.  No vacations for us ever again.  The Greatest has declared this to be the year we finally harvest.

Then he put ME in charge of watering the plants.

I'll give you all a moment to stop laughing.

It would have been fast and easier to just burn the money.

I also had a moment this weekend when I realized all the souper seekrit knitting I was doing had allowed my house to descend into chaos.

So I cleaned.  And decorated for Easter.



I made six months worth of laundry detergent and washed what felt like six months worth of dirty clothes.  But since I can't do laundry without mentioning it on my blog, we all know it was only three weeks worth of socks and dirty underwear.

I made a bajillion freezer meals, which makes me very happy.  I love having home cooked meals ready to go in my freezer.  All the convenience of Stouffers, none of the preservatives.

Spring in in the air, which makes the animals all squirrely.  Boy dog decided to just let himself out the unlocked front door, and I got to chase him through the neighborhood in my house cleaning clothes (picture it: dirty hair, pajama pants, flip flops, and a t-shirt that says "honey badger don't care" complete with a picture of a honey badger.  Classy.  I'm so darn classy.)  Did I mention I had to do this twice in the same day?

Awesome.

And that was my weekend.

Glamorous isn't it.

Now that there is some semblance of order in my home, I must return to the dark side of knitting.  I must heed the siren song of souper seekrit knitting.  The kind of knitting that inevitably leads to a boring blog where I spend an entire post talking about my honey badger t-shirt.  But let not fear dwell in thine heart.  I must knit all the things before next week.

Why next week?

Next week is SPRING BREAK!

The children will descend like a horde of locust to eat all the things, fight over all the toys, and make everything sticky.  I can't wait!  I wonder what kind of mischief we can get into this year.  How many times can little children let the dog out the front door?  How many times can I yell at Meaty to stop messing with his sisters?  I see trips to the library and the park, a Mummy movie marathon, a Halo gaming day, hiking in the mountains, mani/pedis/facials and lots and lots of ice cream in my future.

2 comments:

katiemetzroth said...

I dyed yarn with kool-aid last week. I recommend it for a fun activity with kids (it seems like a fun kid friendly activity, I'm not saying it wont be a horrible mess). Then you can knit for them with yarn they dyed!

Mrs. H said...

I love you. When I think my life is boring I get on here and you describe your life, which is basically my life plus a warmer climate. Well, except for around here everything is eaten, sticky and dramatic ALL THE TIME since I home school. My dog got out the front door 4 times last week, twice in one day. Luckily, I didn't do the chasing, Thing One did that. Your posts remind me that, boring or not, I love my life and I love hearing about yours. I just had my gallbladder out this afternoon so I need all the distractions I can get.