Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Coming Up For Air

My Souper Seekrit knitting is finally done at last!  

Isn't it beautiful!



Well, sure, that's the inside of the sweater.  And the photo is in black and white.  But can't you just tell that it is gorgeous?  And expertly knit?

Someday I hope to tell the tale of this knit, cause dang, I'm impressive.  Until then I'll just have to walk around feeling smug and proud of my knitting skill.

My smugness over my skills is so great that nobody is going to want to be around me.

I didn't need friends anyways.

I've got my bunnies.

My stripey knit is also done.



When my brain felt like exploding from the complexities of my seekrit knit, I turned to my stripey knit.  Someday I plan to block it and share the wonderment of my colors with the world.

Today is not that day.

In other news I have discovered that in addition to being a first rate knitter, I am an excellent water-er.

My garden






It grows!

Every morning I go in the backyard in my bathrobe and water my plants with my super cool vintage metal water can.  My super cool vintage watering can is kind of a pain in the butt.  It leaks like crazy.  I love it anyways.  I want to sing and dance around as I travel from plant to plant like an aging Disney Princess.  But I like my neighbors.  So I don't.

Sweet Pea is already convinced that we need to pick that fledgling strawberry NOW.  I'm positive one morning I will go outside and it will have mysteriously disappered.  She will tell me "It wasn't me Mom.  No really Mom.  It wasn't me."  But we will both know the truth.

In other news I have decided that I need to knit the entire family bunny slippers for Easter.

Yes, I know there are six of us, so that would mean twelve slippers.

And I also know that the chances of me getting The Greatest to wear a pair of hand knit bunny slippers are very small.  Possibly non-existent.  And if he won't wear them, neither will Meaty.

And I know that the pattern I have chosen to use to create these hand knit bunny slippers is a crochet pattern.  So they won't be hand knit after all.

I am doing it anyways.

I figure that if I knit a slipper a day every day I will be done two days before Easter.



I'm off to a good start.

No comments: