Sunday, January 19, 2014

Close to Accomplishing Something

For those who were wondering, after much begging and pleading and crying (on my part, not the baby's) Squishy finally pooped around eight o'clock Saturday night.  Entirely too much of my time and energy was absorbed by the creation of that bowel movement.  The tummy rubs, the leg pumping, the gentle words of encouragement.  My happiness should not depend on another person's crap.  (That statement is entirely more profound than originally intended.  But we'll roll with it.  I am unintentionally wise.)  If she wants to continue saving up her poop, next time she's on her own.

In knitting news I was making good progress on Sweet Pea's Weasley Sweater.  But then I ran out of yarn.



It is going to have sleeves someday.  I promise.  Eventually it will have sleeves.  This sweater is knit with Red Heart Super Saver.  I really go all out for my kids sparing no expense don't I?  The next time I go to Wal-Mart (in other words, the next time I need milk) I'll pick up a final skein.  In the mean time aren't you all impressed that this sweater already has buttons?  Sometimes I impress myself.  I think the hood is kind of ridiculously large.  But Sweet Pea loves it.  Like every other little girl in her kindergarten class, she has recently become enamored with Frozen.  (Side bar:  "Let it go" sung by Idina Menzel is hands down the most amazing Disney ballad ever.  I might be a tad bit enamored with Frozen myself)  She says the hood makes her feel like it is winter and she could go ice skating.  Considering we're looking at a high of 81 degrees today she needs a ridiculously over-sized hood to make her feel like it is winter.

I took advantage of an afternoon nap to weave in ends, and sew buttons onto the purple monstrosity.  When I was done Squishy still looked like this.


So I decided it was beyond time to try out my new Fancy Ebony Wood Needles.

Fancy!

I choose yarn to knit with based solely on the fact that I thought it would look pretty on my dark chocolate needles.


Pretty!

By the time I wound the yarn and browsed fifteen thousand sock patterns on Ravelry trying to find the perfect pattern, I only had time to accomplish this



Before the sleep beast awoke and demanded sustenance.

On the bright side my yarn really does look pretty on my fancy fancy needles.

My goal for today is to knit one row.

Again, I'm keeping my expectations realistic.

Surely I can knit ONE row right?

2 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

She looks happy with it...the hood is kinda awesome!

Nancy McCarroll said...

That purple sweater is going to be great! Glad the kindergartener likes it, too.

Poor Squishy and poor mommy. Hope she did not have on her new white outfit,