Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Getting Somewhere, But I'm Not Entirely Sure Where

In a stunning turn of events I've actually managed to do a little knitting.  A few rows here, a few rows there, stolen crafty minutes during naps and when I'm on hold with various government agencies and health care professionals.  I'm starting to feel like making phone calls is my new profession.  Shame the pay is so crummy.  I have to give a shout out to the Social Security Office.  My hold time was going to be an hour so the friendly computer tree offered to call me back when it was my turn to speak with an actual human.  I took him up on that offer, and it might be a sign of the impending end of the world, but they returned my call in an hour.  It was amazing.  And the gentleman I spoke with was super helpful.  In hindsight the entire thing might have been a sleep deprived hallucination.  A government agency was helpful?  On the other hand I called the insurance approved company to order spare parts for my breast pump.  They transferred me to the breast pump department, who then told me they only deal with the actual pump and I was going to have to go on line to figure out how to order more valves from their company.  Not helpful!  But all this holding and transferring and stolen knitting minutes add up.  I am proud to announce that Sweet Pea's Weasley Sweater is starting to look sweater-ish.


I tried it on her to check the fit and she asked me "Is this gonna have sleeves or what?"

Yes dear.  It will eventually have sleeves, but I can not promise that it will have sleeves anytime this winter, but it will have sleeves.  Maybe I should have made it a size up for next year.

In baby news, Squishy baby is still the World's Cutest Baby!



Seriously, WORLD'S.CUTEST.BABY!

And in random news, have you all seen this?


So.Much.WANT!

I have a habit of filling online shopping carts.  I fill them, and click away.  It is retail therapy without the debt.  I may or may not have $50.38 worth of needles sitting in my Knitpicks virtual shopping cart as I type.  I can not lie, I am having the hardest time convincing myself to click the x and not the check out button.

So.Much.WANT!

1 comment:

AngelKnitter said...

Have you tried the needles? Must know more!
I got my first set of karbonz and am sadly disappointed. Not nearly enough point. Very sad. I love signatures, but use chiaogoo a lot as well. I used knitpicks, but found that the quality went down when they started allowing retail sales.