Monday, January 20, 2014

Second Times the Charm?

I Did It!



I knit exactly one row on my project yesterday.

Way to achieve realistic goals!

Of course before I knit this row, I managed to knit thirty or so rows on my sock.



Then I decided I hated my sock.

It was measuring too big for my foot.  I do not enjoy wearing loose socks.  And this yarn is on the thicker side for sock yarn.  I'm not a fan of super thick hand knit socks.  This project was full of all the elements I hate.  I was not going to love knitting this project.  And I was not going to love the finished pair of socks.

Life is too short not to love what you do.

So I ripped it all out and cast on for Spatterdash Wristwarmers.  I got to knit exactly one row on my new and improved pattern choice.  Now I don't own a pair of wrist warmers.  And I'm not even sure I will ever wear a pair of wrist warmers.   Plus did you see all the buttons?  Seriously?  Why do I keep picking projects with buttons?

I haven't decided what this yarn will be when it grows up.  This could be a huge disaster as well.  But for now I'm going to see how it looks as Spatterdash.

I wonder how many rows I'll get to knit today?

I think I'll aim for five.

Cause I dream big!

In child rearing news, I don't usually let my infants watch television.



But when they're being so sweet together how can I interrupt that?

No comments: