Friday, April 15, 2005

Do ducks say Moo?

After watching me breastfeed two of her siblings Pork Chop is suddenly very interested in exactly how the milk gets in my breasts. When she first asked how I get the milk to feed Bird I told her my body makes it. That was enough for her and she ran off to play.

The next day she was drinking milk and suddenly had a "lightbulb" moment and said "hey, does your body take the milk you drink and then just put it in your boobs for Bird?" When I stopped laughing I told her that my body takes all the food I eat and drink to make milk. She just looked at me and ran off to play.

Then yesterday she was eating lunch she suddenly asked me again how I make milk. Once again I told her about how my body takes all the good stuff out of what I eat and drink to make milk. The rest of the conversation went like this.
"I know that but HOW does it make milk?"
"Your body just knows how"
"But how"
"Well there are milk ducts"
"......What"
"Milk ducts, my breasts have milk ducts in them that make the milk"
"Oh like DUCKS"
And off she went, I was laughing too hard to catch her and explain it further.

But the story doesn't end there. Pork Chop has this annoying habit of listening in on conversations between her Daddy and myself. I was repeating the duck story to him and finished by saying "So now she thinks I have little ducks in my breasts." She piped up from around the corner of the couch "No Mom, I think you have big ducks in your breasts." She thinks I have big boobs, I'm gonna have to work on spatial relationships and concepts like big and little before she starts school this fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROFL! That is so funny. I love how kids decide to just stop listening once they hear something they like.
When my sister was little, she announced that I have "tiny" boobs in the middle of the mall. Maybe you should just let her run with the big boobs idea ;)

I thought everyone was tired of seeing pictures of Tempting! I'll post more tonight.

If you want to join the colony, go to http://www.ourcolony.net. There will be a blank on the first page - type "play" (no quotes) and click the ant. When you get in, click "Join an existing colony". The password is 15294647 . I'm not sure exactly how, but eventually we will get to know stuff about the new XBOX that other people don't know. I think.