Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Knitting and Evil

I haven't had much knitting content lately. That doesn't mean I haven't spent every waking minute knitting. It just means I HAVE in fact spent every waking minute knitting and haven't had time to take pictures and put them on my blog. I will admit I haven't touched The Greatest's sweater since it damaged me. I'm waiting for it to apologize. It can sit in a corner until it does.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have made great progress on my Vogue sweater. Right now it's a tangled mess of half sewn seams and loose ends waiting to be sewn in.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'll probably never knit another Vogue pattern again. But over all I like this sweater. I'm only gonna wear it for a season or so, it's not an heirloom, so the acrylic will be just fine. I found a great camisole to wear underneath it. My new trendy look should be complete.

I've joined the Mariposa KAL.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It starts in the end of May. I'm way to excited about knitting something with strangers over the internet. I have a few weeks before it starts to whip The Greatest's sweater into submission. But who am I kidding, he's not going to wear the thing before the fall, so I'm not in any real hurry to finish it. I have a feeling this sweater will be around for months and months and months (I've already mentioned it twice in one post). This itchy wool sweater could be, dare I say it, an heirloom. So hence forth rather than refer to it as "The Greatest's Sweater", which takes a long time to type and involves the shift key twice, I'll just call it Evil.

1 comment:

amandazen said...

Your Vogue sweater is looking great! I am looking forward to knitting Mariposa too!

Happy Knitting!
Amanda