Thursday, February 07, 2013

Knitting Everywhere!

This morning I blindly stuck my arm into The Abyss (why yes, I am brave) and I pulled out a sweater.  From what I can tell this sweater is completely knit and just needs blocked. I thought for a moment it might need the top of a ribbed collar knit onto it, but closer inspection revealed the top of the sweater was finished with an I-cord bind off.

Clever.

Sometimes I really am impressed by my own knitting.

The sweater now sits in the blocking bowl.

 photo weasley1_zps5a49e8c8.jpg


I thought my blocking bowl pictures were getting a little boring, so I taped my zombie to the side of the bowl to make it more exciting.  Zombies make everything more exciting.  I need more zombies in my knitting.

I have decided it is time to finally show off the Weasley sweaters I knit my family for Christmas.  After all, it is February.  Since Sweet Pea is the only child home with me right now, I suppose you get to see her sweater first.  This blog really is starting to look like only have one child isn't it.

*hangs head in shame*

Note to self = duct tape older children to a wall so they will hold still for pictures so you can look like a more competent loving mother.

That should work!

 photo weasley2_zpscea64eff.jpg


Pattern: Elizabeth

Yarn:  White acrylic yarn I canibalized from a store bought sweater.

Needles:  Size 5 Addi Turbos

Modifications:  None necessary, this pattern was flawless.

Review:  This designer is quickly becoming one of my favorite knitwear designers for little girl sweaters.  Her patterns have a simple timeless quality with a surprising attention to detail.  Look how flawlessly the raglan increases transition to cables and then to the lace pattern.

 photo weasley4_zps00cce277.jpg

I also love the rolled edging.

 photo weasley3_zpsd1dd3c98.jpg

It rolls just enough to be interesting without overwhelming the edge.  So smart!

The entire sweater is just cute.

 photo weasley5_zpsaa5e601d.jpg

Oops, I might have been talking about my daughter just now.  Such a cheesy little poser!  She positioned herself like that.  I would never do anything so JC Penny Portrait Studios.

 photo weasley6_zpscb26af79.jpg


At the end of our photo session we were photobombed by cheeta.

Silly Cheeta.

After my frogging binge yesterday I found myself with a drawer full of empty needles.  Predictably I cast of for a new pair of socks...

 photo weasley7_zpsd34d6f73.jpg


Which were also photo bombed by cheeta.  Who taught that cheeta (aka Sweet Pea) to photo bomb?

I think I'm going to have to have a talk with the zombie.

2 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

cute sweater, cuter Sweet Pea..and love the photo bombing

Carmela Biscuit said...

The sweater is really adorable, and so is your daughter!