Friday, March 11, 2005

Ahoy Me Mateys!

I figured out why The Greatest was so GREAT about the yarn. On Tuesday, the day before I went yarn shopping he found a 55 gallon fish tank just sitting by the side of the road. It had the stand with it. He's always wanted one, so we went and picked it up. We're going to be moving in a few months, and a 55 gallon fish tank is a very heavy thing to move if it has water and fish in it, so I thought he was just going to leave it in the garage until we moved, then we could set it up in the new place. I was wrong. While we were yarn shopping he was cleaning the tank out and ensuring it held water. After yarn shopping when he took me out to get needles, he bought gravel for the new tank. I should have seen it coming. He set the new tank up in our bedroom. Did I mention the tank looks like a treasure chest?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here it is from the side.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I must admit the kids love to look at the fish throught the portals.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This picture was taken through the portal, if you look you can see Meaty on the other side of the tank.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's our lonely Oscar, his name is Sid Viscious.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's out algea eater: Teptune

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I should have know he wasn't moving Sid from the ten gallon to the fifty five gallon just to give him room to grow. Yesterday we went out and bought Sid some friends.

Meet Oscar the Grouch

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And the Spanish Twins: Jesus and Jorge (the white fish)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

All in all he spent more on fish than I did on yarn. But I couldn't say a word because he was so nice about the yarn. I should have know the scurvy pirate had a hidden agenda.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Avast! That is the coolest fishtank I have ever seen! I don't envy having to move it, though. Good thing you've got all that yarn to comfort you!
Really, you'd like to read my novel? That's so nice of you! By the end of this week, I should have two or three chapters done, and I could email them to you if you want.

Okay, here's your interview:
1) Would you rather eat a live spider or go bungie jumping?
2) Describe your Dream Yarn.
3) What's the best part of being a mom?
4) If you were going to open a yarn store, what would you call it?
5) If Pluto is a dog, then what is Goofy?