Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Well sure a trained monkey can knit

But can he cable? Check out these rows of cables

lets see a monkey do this

I've got the sleeves done. I just need to sew them on, see.

can a monkey seam

Then it's just the neck band and button bands and I'm done. And I have to sew the buttons on, and weave all the ends in, and block it, and sew on the cute tag The Greatest bought for me. Ok. Maybe I'm not as close to done as I want to be. But isn't it going to look cute when I am done?

When I'm done I will once again be stuck with nothing to knit but evil. I'm thinking of ordering a boat load of yarn from knitpicks. I want to get some Andean Silk for the knitted corset (I'm thinking Bluebell), and some Shine for a blanket for my Aunt (in River), and some sock yarn (Sock Garden in Star Gazer Lily), and some Alpaca Cloud (in Mist and also in Tidepool just because it reminds me of the cover of the Harry Potter book) and some Wool of the Andes Natural so I can try to dye it with Kool-Aid and maybe some Wool of the Andes in color so I can try felting, or I could always felt the Kool-Aid dyed stuff. Really I'd be happy with any of their yarn. But I'll have to wait for payday, and maybe not this Friday's payday, I may have to wait for payday two weeks from Friday. I hate being an adult and paying bills, and buying groceries instead of yarn. I suppose I could always finish my surprise knitting. I still need to buy something from the store so I can finish it, but that would be cheaper than knitpick yarn. And being realistic I could never order all that yarn anyways. I gotta buy school supplies. Yikes I can't believe my baby is going to kindergarten in less than a month. Did I ever tell you about the time I tried to register her for kindergarten and I got kicked out of the school for being unpleasant and argumentative. Really it wasn't my fault. It was Mrs. Whatshername's fault. But if I haven't already told that story I'll have to tell it some other time. I've got sleeves to sew on. I'll leave you with Batman (who is my all time favorite comic book/cartoon hero).

I'm Batman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you know what they say...10,000 monkeys with 10,000 pair of needles for 10,000 years... ;) That sweater is so cute.

Oooh, ooh, I wanna hear about kindergarten registration gone wrong! Today we (well, my mom) registered my baby sister for HIGH SCHOOL. I'm going to have a heart attack.

Cute Batman. Gonna knit him a cape?

rincaro said...

The sweater is precious.

And we have that same batman mask at my house!