Friday, July 01, 2005

So close and yet so far

I'm batting 50/50.
Let me present the finished Sueete Suede Handbag

bitchin red handbag

I made it with some red chenille that was on sale. The liner is red with tiny pink polka dots, but I couldn't get a good photograph of it. I think it turned out well. You can't really see it in the photograph but the straps tie in one corner with a little leaf shape, it is very pretty.

Let me also introduce the world to Squeaky's Bumblebee sweater (modeled and stretched out by Bird).

bumblebee on a windshield

I'm so cute I'm a freakin bumblebee

I made this with Lionbrand Microfiber and I'm really proud of the way it turned out. I especially liked the buttons. They're little bees.

Here's the bad news. Pork Chops dress is resistant to blocking. I'm trying to block it so the ribbed skirt is separated. I tried mist blocking and that just didn't take. So now I've got it full on soaking wet blocking. I'll check it tomorrow. Pork Chop tried it on yesterday and was so disappointed I wouldn't let her wear it. First of all I needed to re-block it, secondly does she not know its 92 degrees outside. I can't let her run around in a heavy knit dress; she'll sweat to death. At least I know she'll like the dress even if the ribbing is held tight together.

Then there is the tragedy of Mariposa. I have such a love/hate relationship with this pattern. Just look at it

full coverage from the sun

These straps are entirely too wide for my body. I'm going to have to re-knit thinner ones. But the thought of more intarsia makes me weep, so last night I cheated on it with the new love of my life Clapotis.

mysterious yarn, how I love thee
Twelve inches baby. But look at the yarn. It looks like there are shades of medium blue, light blue and white. Now look at my clapotis. Where are the other shades? I think it's an optical illusion and the entire skein is just medium blue. I don't care. I love this pattern anyway. Do you think Mariposa knows I'm seeing someone else?

1 comment:

Mamma said...

I found the pattern here at Knitty.