Friday, August 12, 2005

I'd like to control my own life again please

*Sigh*

For the past few months I feel like my life has been in a holding pattern. The Greatest and I have been just circling around our goals for our family, but not getting any closer to achieving them.

Then yesterday I found out my Mom's cancer is back. Her breast cancer has moved to her liver. Did you know that not all cancer is created equal and breast cancer is an especially aggressive form of cancer. It kills quickly. And apparently when breast cancer moves to another organ, like say the liver, it does not behave like liver cancer, it acts like breast cancer in a new neighborhood (you could take the Clampetts out of the country but you can't take the country out of the Clampetts. Am I old because I know who the Clampetts are? Beverly Hill Billies people). My Mother starts chemo on tuesday. I'm sure she'll be fine. She's my Mom, she has to be. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger and all that crap.

I just would like to be able to control some aspect of my life. Just one.

3 comments:

rincaro said...

Prayers and hugs? Unfortunately that's all I got right now.

shizzknits said...

So sorry to hear that your mother's cancer has spread. I know how hard it can be to be 'on the sidelines' when that happens. I'll put in some prayers and good thoughts for you both.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. ::hugs:: It can be beaten, though, I know it. Dan's mom had breast cancer several years ago, and we were all really scared when the doctor discovered some pretty scary spots in her lungs, but they turned out to be benign and she is okay. I'll be praying for you both.