Monday, June 06, 2005

Shamed into blogging

I'm sorry I haven't been blogging. I want to. I think about things and think "I should blog this" or "that was so funny I must put it on my blog." But honestly I've just been too tired lately. We moved a little over a month ago and since the move the kids just don't sleep. They were in the middle of changing their nap routines when we moves. Bird was giving up her morning nap and going to just one nap a day, Meaty was giving them up altogether. But since the move they still haven't found a new nap schedule. Despite my best efforts they refuse to nap. They end up falling over from exhaustion at the strangest times. Look at the poor babies. They're too tired to eat.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Then since they've taken naps at such strange times, they refuse to go to bed on time, so there is no predictable bedtime either. I try putting them to bed at the same time as always, but when they've just woken up from a nap at five there's no way they're going to go to sleep at eight. And they completely abandoned sleeping through the night. All this makes for a very tired mom, but it'll be alright. This too shall pass.

In the mean time, I've been tagged.
1. Total number of books I own: I couldn't tell you because they are all packed, but I was surprized when it took five boxes to pack all the children's books and five more boxes to pack my books. I didn't think I owned a lot of books, I tend to borrow from the library rather than buy, but I guess I do.

2. The last book I bought: I bought Pork Chop a Princess Book for her birthday last week. Does that count?

3. Five books that mean a lot to me: Tough one, here we go.

Five People you meet in Heaven. I really liked this book. I know some people think it's incredibly cheesy but he wrote the most accurate description of love I've ever seen. He compared it to water nurturing a plant. Sometimes in the mundaneness of life love is buried deep below the surface like water nurturing roots. You may not see it but it is there keeping the plant (relationship) alive. At other times it pours from the heavens like rain. I've felt love like that. The buried love that gets pushed aside by the childcare and lawnwork and just daily life. And I've felt the love surrounding us like rain during a quiet moment, a stolen kiss. I just feel like that is real love not movie love. I just thought that passage was so beautifully written.

Anne of Green Gables. I've always loved this book. My parents bought me the entire series and I read them all in two weeks (which is a lot of reading for an eleven year old kid, there are seven or eight books) I wanted to have red hair just like Anne. When Pork Chop was a baby with colic I would read her this book. It's just such a sweet story with such descriptive passages.

Watership Down. I love rabbits. And this book is just so wonderfully written. I'm a sucker for a well written passage.

Harry Potter Books. I like these books, they're cute, but what I like best about them is The Greatest and I read them outloud together. We've done this with all of them and we're looking forward to the new book this summer so we can read it together. It's just something we enjoy doing together. But we only read the Harry Potter books outloud like that.

You can teach yourself to knit. I don't think I have to explain why I like this book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's okay, your readers just miss you. And I was starting to worry that you got too caught up playing Halo and starved to death :) Those poor kids. And if that's how tired they look, I can only imagine how tired you feel.
I really need to read Watership Down. I think this is the third time in a week someone's mentioned it - maybe it's a sign.